Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sometimes You CAN Get Something Really Cool For Cheap!

I ordered a super cheap wide angle lens that attaches to the end of any lens with a 52mm size filter thread. Basically you just screw it on to your current lens and go. They were mostly advertising it as a wide angle lens, but after reading closer at the description, I was mostly interested in it because it separated into two pieces and could also be used as a macro lens. I was skeptical of the $9.49 price tag thinking it must suck (it says it was originally 129.99, but you know how they like to exaggerate that), but I thought with over 50 reviews and an average rating of 4 out of 5, it might be something fun for a beginner like me. I can't afford to get a really nice macro lens right now, especially since I am still waiting on the other lens I want to get out of back order. The most I would lose is the $9.49 total with my free amazon shipping. I figured it was worth a shot.

The wide angle aspect isn't that impressive, but I was kinda happy with my close up shots after I separated the macro lens and attached it to my camera. I don't have much to compare to, but I thought it was pretty cool. I could only shoot stuff around my house since it was the evening. I can't wait for a nice day to play out in the yard!

So, here we have a close up of my crackberry...

The munchkin's sippy cup...

I attended a wedding two Saturdays ago and was the lucky winner of the centerpiece on our dinner table. Here's a close up of one of the peacock feathers sticking out of it...


So all in all, it was definitely worth it's price tag. If by chance this deal might work for someone else, then you can check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your new lens looks fun! Love the feather.

Jackie @ Crest Cottage Creations said...

That looks so cool! The peacock feathers look great!

LWLH said...

Wow what a steal! Congrats!