Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Thoughts...

It's been a good day today. Which I needed, as the last couple of weeks of utter exhaustion, crazy busy scene at work, the munchkin's teething and other things I won't bore you with, have taken its toll and I needed a good day of reprieve. So I am going to take a moment to brag about some stuff that is making my happy today. It's the little things after all.

I got some sleep last night. Other then my usual 4:00 trip to the potty room (this has been going on ever since I gave birth), I slept soundly through the night.

Our new bed (with the help of the mattress topper) has finally allowed me to wake up without any back pain, shoulder pain or hip pain. That, coupled with some good sleep, has made me feel like a new woman today.

The Munchkin has slept really well the last two nights even though she has several teeth all pushing through at once. She gets pretty crabby about it towards the end of the day, but somehow it isn't affecting her sleep too much (for now).

The next book in the Earth Children Series by Jean Auel FINALLY came out yesterday. It's the sixth book in a series that has been in the works for over thirty years. I am sad the reviews haven't been that great, but I absolutely loved the others, especially the first 2, so I am ready to read the last book and finish the series. I ordered my copy and it should be in my hands by Friday. I have been waiting for this book for YEARS. And I am flippin excited about it.

Our "Parents as Teachers" representative came over last night and gave the munchkin her DENVER test. She is doing great and for that I am thankful.

We had bought a new comforter for our bed a couple of weeks ago and its been balled up in the corner waiting to be washed. It doesn't fit in our washer, so I have been trying to figure out how I am going to wash it. Here were my thoughts... "Should I take it to the laundry mat?" "The dry cleaner?" "How far out of the way is it gonna be?" "I don't have time for this shit!" Then I got a coupon in the mail from a dry cleaner that just happened to be right on the way to my work (don't even have to turn on another street) for washing a comforter for a really cheap price. Hot dog. I dropped it off this morning.

I have three dates planned with three of my girlfriends in the upcoming days. One is coming to visit me tonight. We will hang out at my house and sip on some wine. Another is meeting me for sushi tomorrow night at my favorite sushi restaurant. Good company, sushi and wine... need I say more? And Saturday night another good friend and her hubby are coming over for dinner and a little fire in the fire pit. We are supposed to have nice weather here this weekend.

The sun is shining. It has been awfully gloomy around here the past couple of days.

So I am going to enjoy and relish this day. I am going to be grateful for the little things that come along and tomorrow, when things go back to normal, I'll try to remember today.

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

oh wine and sushi... sounds wonderful. i'm glad you have some sunshine and sushi :)

Gina said...

*whines* I want a date with you!!!!!!!!

Anna said...

Finally a good day! I'm so glad that things are looking up for you guys. I'm like Gina, I want a date too! Although, I only have myself to blame since it's my crazy schedule that prevents week-night dinners :)

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of baltic sea amber teething necklaces? I think they'd be right up your alley! Google that phrase or look it up on Etsy. It might help the munchkin!

Jillian said...

Yay!! I love new beds and comforters!! And yay for sleeping:)