Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake (sugar free • gluten free • low carb • gaps)


This recipe comes out moist and flavorful every time. The coconut flour used to bread the chicken adds a great flavor and doesn't dry things out.

First I mix together my coconut flour, freshly grated colby cheese, freshly grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder.


In another bowl I melt butter and add in garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. I pound out my chicken breasts, salt and pepper them, dip them in the butter, and then into my coconut flour mixture. I line them up in a glass baking dish.


I bake them in the oven for 35 minutes.


I top each one with more freshly grated colby cheese and then place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.


They finish up looking toasty around the edges with the cheese all melty and gooey. Lots of things are better with melty gooey cheese on top. Atleast in my opinion.


Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake

Ingredients:
  • 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 3/4 C Coconut Flour
  • 1/2 C freshly grated Colby cheese, plus extra for topping at the end (or whatever cheese you want to use really)
  • 1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tb Garlic Powder, divided
  • 1/2 Tb Onion Powder
  • Black Pepper, to taste
  • Sea Salt, to taste
  • 1/4 C Butter, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Butter up a 9x13 glass baking dish.
  3. Mix together, the coconut flour, colby cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 Tb of garlic powder and the onion powder in a bowl.
  4. In another bowl, combine the melted butter, 1/2 Tb garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
  5. Trim, rinse, pound out, then salt and pepper chicken breasts.
  6. Dip the chicken breasts into the butter mixture and then coat with coconut flour mixture.
  7. Place in buttered baking dish and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and top with grated colby cheese, then return to oven for another 10 minutes.
  9. Enjoy!

In the pictures, I only made three pieces of chicken, but my recipe amounts are for four.

This is part of Food Renegade's Fight Back Friday and Monday Mania Carnival.

6 comments:

Jackie @ Crest Cottage said...

Meltey cheese makes EVERYTHING better

Gina said...

I heard there is some dairy-free, soy-free cheese at Whole Foods. Maybe I could try that so L could eat this. I think he'd LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! this is so good..cant wait to try it. Im your newest follower..found yours through blog hop. I hope you could come and visit mine: www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Watching The River Run said...

Just so you know....I am making this tonight!!! And I can't wait!!!!!

You pretty much rock in my book!!

Melissa Naasko said...

Looks super kid friendly. BTW I stopped in from Real Food Wednesdays. Also, I think you should really work towards being the goal of an at home mom. If you don't really work at it, you will only wish for it. It is worth the sacrifices in material goods!

Laura said...

I'd love to stay home full time "Ubermom", material things aren't keeping me from it, its more like keeping our electric on, or gas, clothes for the kiddo and food on the table. That's why my hubby is going to school so that hopefully when he graduates and gets a new job we can afford for me to stay home. Right now my income is too important.