Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Free Advice is Worth Every Penny" ~ Richard Denny

While searching for a white nightstand for the nursery, I came across this ad on craigslist:

4 piece womens bedroom set - $300 (south county)

I have a 4 piece womens bedroom set. It is an off white color with one tall dresser, bed head board im not selling the bed frame, one night stand, and long dresser with mirror attached. this set is in good condition I need to sell it because im moving. please contact me by email me at e1988brown@aol.com or my home phone at 314-651-9572 only serious buyers call my phone.

You might notice that the woman selling the furniture has a guest appearance in the mirror in her underwear. I also like how instead of having a headboard, her bed comes with a "bed head" board. Hahahahaha

Moving on.

I have been a little nervous about the creepos on craigslist lately. You may have heard on the news about the "Craigslist Killer". I always make sure that Joe is home too when someone is coming to pick up something I am selling, and I always take him with me if I am picking something up. I for one would not be advertising myself in my undies while trying to sell some furniture. It just doesn't seem safe. I'm just sayin'.

So...... I couldn't help but email her. Really I was just trying to look out for a sista.

My original email:

Hi

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way... but I just wanted to let you know incase you didn't notice that you show up in the mirror in your pictures in your boxer shorts and sports bra. I noticed it right away, so I just wanted to tell you incase you didn't know and would want to.

And if you already knew that, just ignore me :)

Laura

Her Reply:

From: "E1988Brown@aol.com"
To: xxxxxx@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:56:08 PM
Subject: Re: 4 piece womens bedroom set - $300

really I did not notice . seeing that my room is full of mirrors I couldn't help but to be in the picture.. so why don't you get a life because I'm aware of what I post.


My Reply:

wow. I am really sorry to have offended you. There has been some scary stuff involving people on craigslist on the news. As a woman, I was just looking out for another woman.

If I had had any idea you were such an angry bitch, I would have never sent you the email.
Okay, so maybe my last reply was a little immature. I probably should have just ignored her last email and went on my merry way. But I just couldn't help it. I mean really... I thought I was being nice. What if she really had no idea she was in the background in her underwear? It is possible. I was kinda thinking she would get my email and then thank me for pointing it out, and would then change her picture.

I was obviously wrong.

I guess I should have just minded my own business. But I got a good laugh out of her anyway. I am still half expecting to get another email from her. We'll see. I'll let you know if I do.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Reason #289379 why I love you!! I'd never have the balls to write her that e-mail...but I wish I did!

Myshka said...

Ummm.. to be honest, it's angry bitches like THAT that you need to be afraid of. MUCH worse than the Craigslist killer. Too bad you didn't show her email address, I would've written to her. I really despise rude people, especially when it's cute people like you that try to be nice. GRRRRRRRRRRR*&"^£&*^%!!!*&^%%$£! (raging pregnancy hormones).

Little T said...

Loves it!

Badass Geek said...

Ugh. Craigslist.

I wouldn't expect much higher intellect than that.

Anna said...

Ok, I seriously just laughed outloud. Thanks for that, friend!

Brittany Ann said...

OK, seriously, she's asking for it (what "it" is, I really don't want to know.) And wait, her room is "full of mirrors?" What the heck is she doing in there? (Again, not sure we really want to know.)

You you were just trying to help a girl out! I appreciate the gesture, if that makes you feel any better.

I like when women throw each other a helping hand. You can rest easy, at least. While crazy face in the photos may want to be wary of anyone who comes knocking on her door!

Anonymous said...

way to go, kiddo. Good deeds don't always result in happy deed-receivers. Just keep up with what makes you feel comfortable and it'll pay off.