This sauce is good stuff. Not to mention it's easy to whip together and you can save yourself the high fructose corn syrup and soy crap found in most commercial barbecue sauces.
SPICY HOMEMADE BARBECUE SAUCE
(sugar free • gluten free • low carb • dairy free)
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Small Onion, finely minced
- 1/4 Cup butter (or coconut oil for dairy free option)
- 1/16 tsp Stevia Extract Powder (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- Melt butter in sauce pan and cook garlic and onions for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add stevia, salt, mustard, paprika, chili powder and pepper, stir.
- Add blackstrap molasses, water and apple cider vinegar, stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or let cool and transfer to a glass jar to store in fridge.
- It tastes even better after it a day or so.
This post is part of Kelly the Kitchen Kop's Real Food Wednesday.