Monday, August 15, 2011

An Awesome Chick, Some Crazy Good Sushi and a Few Glasses of Wine....

I recently met up with my girl Brenda for some sushi and wine.  I don't get enough girly time in, but I guess that's what happens when you grow up, become an adult, get married and start having babies.

Totally worth it, don't get me wrong!  But I definitely still miss a few things.

Our girls night out was so much fun.  The wine and juicy gossip was flowing.  We mostly gossiped about ourselves.  Nothing better then a dear friend and a little wine to make you share all your little secrets.  Sometimes it feels so good to get some things off your chest!

We didn't even mind that they gave all of our food to another table (well maybe a little).  The other table definitely didn't mind, considering they just received the three most expensive rolls on the menu for free.

The sushi chef came to our table, apologized profusely and handed us a free appetizer.  We just shrugged it off, laughed and asked for more wine.

We were starving though, and after quite some more time had passed, we started to get a little frustrated.

But then finally, they brought us these....




Am I making you drool??  They were so very very delicious!!

A few more glasses, another roll, and we were outside on the patio having another photoshoot.  Although we thought we looked fabulous at the time, I won't share those pictures.

On the way outside, Brenda stole the candle that was burning away on the bar.  Just straight up picked it up and took it outside with us.  I watched the bartender girl's face turn from pleasant to "wtf"?!

Brenda thought the candle smelled like fall.

A couple of employees came out to chat and hang out with us.  The place was pretty slow.  It was a weeknight.

Sometimes it feels good to head out in the middle of the week, meet up with a bestie, and pretend you don't have a care in the world.

It was an awesome evening!!

Thank you to my girl for taking me out for such a wonderful evening and to my wonderful husband for making it so I can do that every once in a while!!

1 comment:

LWLH said...

Sounds like a great time...GNO are needed sometimes! :)