Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Movement In the Belly!!

Below are a couple of videos I took of the little munchkin moving around in my belly. This is pretty much what it looks like all day long now. She is constantly moving! Today I am 37 weeks and 5 days... about 2 weeks till my due date!

The first one is me looking down over my chest at the right side of my belly.



This second video is a side view of the right side of my belly. Most of her movements are seen from this side. I can almost always see her foot moving around over there.



Her head is down into position, although she is facing out toward my belly. They call this the "posterier position" and it can make labour longer, much more difficult, with alot more back pain. There are certain things you can do to encourage your baby to turn around into the "anterior position", but I may be too far along for that (one suggestion was spending time watching tv on all fours or scrubbing the kitchen floor down on your knees). Having a desk job doesn't help either, as this keeps my pelvis forward for quite a bit of my day. Have I mentioned I am planning on delivering naturally without an epidural? This could make things much harder.

My belly button popped out yesterday... I think that means I am done! I am so ready to meet her!

9 comments:

Anna said...

That is so effing awesome! I don't think I watched TV at all when it got to this point. It always kept me entertained! It makes me want to just reach in that belly and pick her up! We will be able to soon enough!
I'm so glad you posted this!

Myshka said...

Ahhhh yes. The alien movement. I get it all the time now too, it's hilarious. Mine is already head down, spine to my belly, according to midwife, so in perfect position, thank goodness.. and the thing that ends up popping up the most in the movements? Her bum! She keeps lifting it up and pushing it out to my right side, its totally funny. I'm so pleased for you- you get to meet her very soon, how excited are you?!?!???

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! I have never seen anything like that before - how exciting!! :)

Little T said...

Dude...it's like alien with the thing in the girls stomach...LOL! I cannot wait to meet her already. I am going to have to do my own blog on this topic after seeing that.

Badass Geek said...

That is both awesome and disturbing. And only two weeks left? Where has all this time gone?

Brittany Ann said...

Coolest.thing.ever!

(And don't worry...I'm working out away to post your award to me, and not kill my own father! I won't let you down!)

Missie Krissie said...

Woo! Its so good when you can see them from the outside!
Perhaps dont be too set on a natural birth with no epidural? I say do whatever you need to do to get her here! :) I had an epi with the first and only the gas with the second.
Good luck cant wait to see her!

sarahbais said...

Hey there~ I didn't mean to scare you about the Postpartum stuff...but to be honest I wish someone had warned me! It's not THAT bad...but in my opinion the worst of the 3 parts.

Ty, Joanne, Elise and Hannah said...

Hannah was born sunny side up- took longer to get her down the birth canal, but no external force needed, it was a shock to us when she came out that way... she had a little bruising, but it healed right up.