Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I woke up this morning to a really sweet card from my hubby. He even wrote a heartfelt message in it.... shucks!

I made us cheeseburgers (one of his faves) and broccoli (one of the munchkin's faves) for dinner. For dessert, I made Chocolate Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream. I searched online for a yummy recipe that Joe and I both would love and once I found this one, I new it was the one! I substituted the almond milk for whole milk, used stevia extract powder instead of the drops, and powdered erythritol in the cupcakes instead of granulated. I made these changes, because that's what I already had on hand. Other then that, I followed it exactly, and it was amazing. Next time I might add just a wee bit more stevia powder, but I'd rather have a little less then too much on the first try. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Carolyn for posting such an amazing recipe! I was so excited when I found her site, because she uses alot of the same ingredients that I do in her stuff and I can easily pick out something to try and be ready to go without even needing to go to the store.

Saturday is the night we are going to celebrate Valentine's day. My sister is going to watch the munchkin while we head out to dinner and a movie. Ya know, your classic "date night". I am really looking forward to it. We do not get to go out by ourselves very often at all. Infact, this will be one of our first real dates since before the munchkin was born. Wow!

Joe had class tonight, so he had to leave around 6:00. We were hoping they would let his class out early for the holiday, but no such luck. Me and the munchkin hung out and had lots of fun though and my mom even came by for a little visit. After Joe got home, we finally ate our cupcakes. It was a really nice valentine's day treat, as I usually don't get to enjoy too many decadent desserts. Joe spent most the evening downstairs in his office doing paperwork and I made food for lunches for me and the munchkin. We also had some major family drama unfolding, so my mom and I spent alot of time talking about that while I made food. Not exactly a romantic valentine's day, but atleast we have saturday night to look forward to.

It seems like we are both always so busy. Joe works full time and is going to school Mon - Wed in the evenings. The other nights he is really busy with school assignments and paperwork (there's a ton) for his job. Most of the other things are left to me. We are both working hard and taking things day by day. I know that one day it will all pay off and it will all be worth it, but sometimes I really miss him and us having more time to spend with each other.

Most of all, I am just so proud of him. He made the decision a while back that he wanted to go back to school to get a nursing degree. As soon as he told me, it just made sense and it felt right. He is so good with people and is really good at making people feel comfortable and at ease. So far he is loving his classes and really enjoying being back at school. He has gotten an A in every class so far! I am so excited for him to be able to switch careers to something that will be much more fun and fulfilling for him.

He is such an amazing husband, an amazing father and a wonderful friend. In my opinion, he's the best valentine ever!

I hope everyone had a wonderful valentine's day!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Would it be weird if I said that I would love if Joe were my nurse? Because I totally would. You know I always say he is like Xanax personified and I'd love to be all zen-like when in a medical setting. That just doesn't normally happen! :)

LWLH said...

Glad you had a wonderful day with your fam! :)