Monday, June 1, 2009

A whole Shlew of Ramblings

Good Morning!

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night we went to the Rascals Baseball game with my parents and Amy & J. My dad's work had some club seat tickets and the weather was really nice. It was fun sitting outside and visiting with everyone. Even if I didn't pay any attention to the game. And for anyone that cares, the Rascals Baseball team is a team in an independent professional league. So they are professional, but on a smaller, more local scale. For the first 1,000 people to arrive at the game, they were giving away bobbleheads. And of who? It was none other then Moses himself. I thought that was kinda wierd and out of place at a baseball game... but we still got a kick out of them nonetheless.

Saturday was mostly spent getting caught up on some things around the house. Ya know, laundry, cleaning, yard work, all that good stuff. I watched Burn After Reading before I went to bed. That was 2 wasted hours I will never get back.

Sunday we helped my youngest sister, Erin and her hubs, move out of my other sister Amy's house and into their new house. What an ordeal (mostly for them)! They had to move stuff from Springfield, MO, from Jefferson City, MO and stuff from both Amy's and my house. I couldn't believe how much stuff they had! Their new house is really cute and only 9 miles from ours which is great. I am just so happy they are not living in Springfield anymore. Not only do I get to see my sister more, but now I get to watch my nieces grow up. Yay!!

I guess I was on a Brad Pitt kick cuz I watched Benjamin Button on Sunday. Unlike the other flick I watched Saturday, I really enjoyed this one. I had been putting off watching it because I had heard from several people it was too long and not that great. But my gal Toni had rented it and was at our house on Sunday with the copy in her car, so she let us borrow it. It didn't feel too long to me at all. Everything about the movie was good in my opinion. And the make-up was really amazing. Brad Pitt really pulled it off, going through the different stages of the character's life.

As you may or may not know from reading my previous posts, we are going to be using cloth diapers. I have decided to go with gdiapers for a few different reasons that I won't get into now, but I had to share this with you. They came out with a new design this summer for little girls... just in time for our little one! Isn't this just way too cute! You better believe I'm gonna have to get a couple of these!


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

Little T said...

My girl Manda loved the G diapers. She will be using them for all of her future bebehs. I am glad you enjoyed the movie too. You better start relaxing more on the weekends. BBS will be here before you know it!

Gina said...

Moses?? For real??

I didn't like Benjamin Button. I thought it was slow and it put me to sleep quite quickly.

Those GDiapers...those are adorable!!!!

Laura said...

Gina... every movie puts you to sleep!

Gina said...

No, not every movie. Just most of them. :) And I was asleep within 30 minutes of Benjamin Button starting...that's bad, even for me!

Lindsey said...

Aww your blog is so cute, love it!!!

Anna said...

I can't wait to see that little gdiaper on her little bum! So cute!
I saw Benjamin Button this weekend too. I liked it, but I thought the ending could have been better. I liked Burn After Reading. It was like any of the other movies by those guys. But I think you either like them or hate them! They are the guys who did Fargo, I think...

Brittany Ann said...

On of my fav things on little girl PJs and skirts is the ruffled bottoms! And now they have in cloth diapers! Ah! I so better have a girl first!

sarahbais said...

We are debating cloth...do you mind if I ask your reasons why you decided to go with it?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I have not seen those yet. HOW CUTE! We cloth diaper, too- love it!

Steph