Monday, June 29, 2009

"Sanctuary, on a personal level, is where we perform the job of taking care of our soul.” ~ Christopher Forrest McDowell

Putting together the nursery was so much fun. We worked nonstop all weekend and by Sunday, every part of my body was aching and sore. My feet were in so much pain, I had a hard time walking. My calves burned from going up and down the step stool so many times. But I loved every minute of it, and it was all worth it. So without further ado, here are the pictures of the (nearly) complete nursery.

Here are the little wooden birds and bird house I painted.


The walls are finished.

The first tree is up.

Wings for the birds.

Here is the second tree.

Adding butterflies, flowers and birds...

Hanging Pictures...

Putting the furniture in place...

It's all coming together!



I still need more things for the shelves...

Look at the little hooks for coats with the little sweater hanging on it... It's so tiny!

A spot for rocking, feeding and reading...

A home for the birds.


Now we just need the baby! I can't wait!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww this is reallly cute! I love it!

Badass Geek said...

This looks amazing. Good work!

Anna said...

Oh Laura, I am actually crying as I sit here at work and look at the peaceful little bedroom you have made for your baby girl. It is so beautiful! I can't believe how wonderful it turned out to be! The trees are great and the furniture is absolutely perfect!
Don't worry about those shelves...you will get some nick nacks at your showers I am sure. Now you get to sit in that rocker and imagine what it will be like to hold her in your arms. Now I sit in my rocker and remember being pregnant and so looking forward to meeting him. I am so happy for you!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Wow! It looks amazing!!! :)

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, that is the PERFECT nursery! You have amazing taste! I love it (and seriously, I'm debating totally copying you when we have a little one...I mean, no one would know, right? We just have very similar taste! Just kidding! I wouldn't do that to you! But I do seriously love it!)

Myshka said...

Laura, bless you, you've done an amazing job. I am literally speechless- the room looks like you live in a catalog! That baby is so lucky. Sending you hugs xo

Jillian said...

Wow!! Did you paint those trees yourself?? Awesome!!

Maggie May said...

Great, great job sweetie!

Gina said...

I'll say it again...you did an incredible job!!! The trees are so cool and I love love love the color of the walls. I can't wait to see it in person!

Little T said...

I can't believe we started painting on Friday and you have already completed the entire room. As always, you are on your game, girl! I love it and I can't wait to cuddle with BBS in her new room/my old room:-)

erin said...

That.is. ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so cute! It looks like a nursery in a magazine-:D