Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween Party!

Last year we skipped our annual Halloween party. The munchkin was only a month old and planning and executing the event was something I definitely didn't feel up to. This year however, I was really excited about it! We did tone things down quite a bit from previous years, especially since the party would be kid-friendly, but we still had a blast!

The munchkin was a little pink monster. She looked so adorable in her costume. I thought for sure she would keep pulling it off, especially the head part or the feet, but she wore them proudly. And whenever she fell over, she had plenty of padding to cushion her.




The halloween party was the last day that she decided to skip her 2nd nap before we moved her to one nap a day. She was so crabby. I was exhausted by the time she went to bed at 8:00 and I am not gonna lie, was a little bit relieved to finally get to relax for the rest of the evening.

Here's Little Q in her Monster's Inc. costume. The head piece was a little too big for her, it kept sliding down in front of her face, but she was still so friggin cute!




My sis Erin, our "adopted sister Michele", my other sis Amy with Erin's kiddo Aubrey.


I was going to be a vampire. I had the fake, sharp pointy teeth, makeup and accessories, but with the Munckin skipping her 2nd nap and being a bit of a handful, I ended up only wearing the dress. So I guess I was more of a vampire undercover, or a gothic maiden...


Kurt and Amber


Anna and Nate


Amy and Michele.


Me, the Munchkin and Amy.


Brenda was "Pregnant and Barefoot".
She's going to make a cute preggo someday.


The mimes, Michele and Jason.


My BIL Jeremy with Q, Joe and the Munchkin.


This shot was taken not too long before the meltdown she had right before she went to bed. Can you tell how tired she is? Atleast she's consistent, she skipped her 2nd nap, making her super crabby in the evenings for pretty much every major party in the last few months. Her birthday, Q's birthday, the Halloween party... It was definitely time to move her to one longer nap, mid day, and now it's much better!


My sister Erin, her two girls Aubrey and Alex, and her boyfriend Chad.


Why mimes shouldn't make out.


This picture was taken much later in the evening. I have already removed my huge dress in exchange for some more comfy clothes. Q is looking a little sleepy herself.


We had a nice fire going outside and after the Munchkin went to bed that is where my butt was parked most of the time. We had a million kids running all over the place and I finally got to meet the neighbors. They are all really nice. Stacy, Ayla's sitter (and my friend;), came by for a while and had a few drinks with me. With the help of Erin's boyfriend and Joe we had all of the dishes cleaned and most of the mess cleaned up before we went to bed! Many of our neighbors woke up to corn dogs in their mailboxes or sticking out of the stop sign at the end of the street. Hopefully, these houses were far enough away that we were not suspected (and by "we", I do not mean me!). I looked a few days ago, and the one in the stop sign is still there! We are going on a little over 2 weeks now that thing has been stuck there!

All in all, the party was a success. I can't wait till next year when we will actually take the munchkin treak-or-treating.

1 comment:

LWLH said...

What a fun party...love all the costumes esp. munchkin as a little pink monster.