I am a big fan of red peppers. I will eat them plain, no problem. I love adding it to the blender when I am making hummus. My new obsession is in this creamy sauce that can be enjoyed in lots of different ways. On Sunday, when I did my freezer cooking for the month, I multiplied this recipe by four so I could save some to enjoy throughout the month. The following recipe yields around 2 cups.
I forgot to take a picture until after I had already packed it up to store. But you can see what a pretty color it is!
CREAMY RED PEPPER SAUCE
(sugar free • gluten free • low carb)
- 3 Tb Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Tb onions, chopped
- 2 Large Red Peppers
- 1 Tb Tomatoe Paste
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 C Dry White Wine, like sauvignon blanc
- 1 C Homemade Chicken Broth
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- Salt to Taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Mince garlic cloves and onion and saute in butter in a pan over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Clean Red Peppers, remove seeds and stem and dice, then add to pan.
- Add tomato paste, thyme and parsley.
- Stir for about 5-10 minutes until peppers are softened.
- Add 1/2 C white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 C chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 C Cream and bring to boil. Simmer until reduced, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let sauce cool and add some salt and pepper.
- The sauce will not be completely mixed and the ingredients will be somewhat separated. Use Immersion blender to liquefy the sauce and make it creamy.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Makes about 2 Cups.