Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I took someone's virginity last night...

Their sushi virginity!! I finally convinced Gina to let me stuff her face with sushi..... and she loved every minute of it. Okay so she hasn't eaten anything with raw fish in it yet, but it's a start. And since I am pregnant, that's easier for me anyway. I don't have to watch her eat the spicy tuna or the philadelphia and drool with jealousy all over my crunchy shrimp. We ordered 6 rolls and Gina totally kept up with me. They brought it out on a boat. It was glorious. Mmmmm....

Here's Gina loving on the sushi and eating it with her training chop sticks.

Since Gina couldn't make it to my baby shower this weekend, she gave me my present early. It was a handmade dress she had ordered with the little munchkin's name across the bottom. I have covered that part up, as I am not giving up her name just yet, but you can tell by the ribbon at the top that her name starts with an A. Isn't it adorable? I can't wait to put it on her! We'll have to wait till she's about 6 months. but I am pretty sure we'll get a ton of use out of this little number. It's just so damn cute.


So thanks Gina for taking me out to dinner and getting this adorably cute dress for my little munchkin! You are awesome.

The Le Leche meeting went pretty good. I got to meet Jillian's baby, Emerson, who is so sweet. There were only 4 of us at the meeting, including the leader, so it was very laid back. We mostly discussed breastfeeding and pumping while going back to work. The other 2 girls had their 4 and 5 week old babies so they had lots of questions. I am not sure what to ask yet, so I mostly sat back and listened. There was alot of new info to digest and the leader gave me some good book recommendations. I feel better knowing there is support out there if I run into any problems.

This morning I was spotting a little. It wasn't much and it's already stopped, but I am going to call my doc when they open just to see what they say. The little munchkin didn't move one single bit till I got to work (she's usually very active in the car on the way here), so that made me nervous. Once I was in my chair though, she started moving around. She picked a fine morning to freak me out. I am sure everything is fine... but better safe then sorry. I will keep you posted.

14 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Sushi isn't for me, but I'm glad you had a good time!

Brittany Ann said...

Go Gina! And good work, Laura! Everyone needs sushi in there life, in my humble opinion!

And what a cute dress! So sweet!

Little T said...

I can't believe you did the boat without me! Boo. I do love the little dress though. Super cute!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

That dress is adorable!! I love it! :) Keep us posted on what the doc says!

Jillian said...

Keep us posted on the spotting!! I am sure everything is fine and I think it is normal to have a little of that towards the end!! I will be praying for you!!

Gina said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I am glad everything is ok, and that you took my virginity. :) I wouldn't give it up to anyone but you!

Anna said...

I hope everything is ok, I'm sure it is. Don't forget to ask him about the hair :)
That dress is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I expect an invite next time! I would like to at least witness the virginity taking (sushi that is).

sarahbais said...

Oh the dress is soooo adorable. I have to admit, there are some major advantages to having a girl - so much cuter clothes!!!!!

As far as sushi goes, I'm rather fond of otoro sashimi...I've never been very keen on rolls...I think it's the seaweed?

Anonymous said...

Sushi is poo

Organic Meatbag said...

I am just happy that you were gentle with Gina whilst taking her virginity...sushi virginity, that is!

Anonymous said...

What a cute blog! I was a little confused at first when I saw the title! haha! Would you like to add one another as followers to help increase traffic to our sites:)?

Tellie said...

I LOVE sushi. Glad you were able to bring someone over to the sushi-lovers side!

Hope everything is alright.

Maggie May said...

That dress is adorable!

Sending good vibes to you.