Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eggs: The Perfect Food. Feel free to eat them. Every. Single. Day.




Yep, I said it.  Every. Single. Day.  


So I was doing a little research on eggs and their benefits this morning.  I know, I know, I'm a big nerd.  It actually all stemmed from a conversation I was having with a girlfriend who was talking to me about her egg-whites-only breakfast.  I just couldn't imagine throwing out the yolks!!  It's the most delicious part, not to mention it gives us the most health benefits.   I googled some quick info for her.  She's actually a super healthy person and turns out, she knows the yolks are healthy, they just gross her out and she doesn't like them.  Oh the shame. 


But I wanted to share this study I found....  


Basically, it is saying that the subjects all did a carbohydrate restricted diet and some of them also ate lots of eggs.  They all saw healthy benefits, but the subjects eating eggs everyday had even more positive results!  Not only did the low carb eaters lower the very small particle LDL (the worst kind) for all of the subjects, the egg eaters also raised the HDL (the good) and the larger LDL, which also raised the plasma lutein and zeaxanthin in their blood!! That's amazing! Plasma lutein and zeaxanthin helps in the prevention and improvement of visual disorders such as macular degeneration and helps to support healthy eyesight!

It's also interesting to note that the study I posted is from a government website.  Funny how most of their own studies contradict what they say we should be eating.


Eggs are especially good for growing children and egg yolks are the perfect first food for babies!


BTW, most of the health nutrients are found in the yolk!!  Just check out this awesome article all about eggs!


And it's a good thing too.... Eggs are pretty much the only food I can eat every single day and not get sick of.  

Okay, I could probably eat bacon every day too.  

And chocolate.   

Chocolate covered bacon anyone?  

1 comment:

Sarah Smith said...

Mmmm, I love eggs too! And I also can't imagine throwing out the yolks! At least save them for a smoothie or homemade ice cream. :) Speaking of, I should make some ice cream right now as there is raw cream waiting in the fridge...